BS 25999 Business Continuity, Consulting and Implementation
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is an elaborate exercise which ensures the continuance of mission critical business processes in spite of interruptions. In line with BCM, BS 25999-1 is a formal standard (code of practice) released by the British Standards Institute. It provides guidelines on the system, response strategies, maintenance, improvements, and implementation of business continuity plans. BS 25999-2 provides the requirements for a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on BCM best practice.
HTP Global Technologies provides services to plan, design, implement, and test business continuity plans. HTP follows a phased approach to design a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as per BS 25999 for an organization.
Benefits of Implementing Business Continuity Management
Some of the benefits of implementing the BS 25999 standard are as follows:
- Provides stakeholders with assurance that risks from potential disasters have been reasonably mitigated
- Provides company personnel with proper procedures in case of disaster
- Ensures a faster and more effective recovery of business operations
- Reduces risk of business and infrastructure loss
- Provides insurance underwriters evidence that the company has properly assessed the risks of conducting business
- Attain the BS 25999 certification
- Ensure compliance with standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 20000