ISO 20000:2011 Consulting and Implementation
In today’s highly demanding market, meeting the needs of the customer is the cornerstone of ensuring business sustainability. ISO 9001:2000, ISO 20000 offers an established structure for adopting a methodical approach to managing your business processes in order that they constantly churn out products that meet the requirements of the customer.
What is ISO 20000 ITSM – IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT?
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
Formally: ISO/IEC 20000-1 (‘part 1′) “promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet the business and customer requirements”. It comprises ten sections:
- Terms and definitions
- Planning and implementing service management
- Requirements for a management system
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service delivery processes
- Relationship processes
- Control processes
- Resolution processes
- Release process.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1. The code of Practice will be of particular use to organisations preparing to be audited against ISO/IEC 20000 or planning service improvements.
Benefits of ISO / IEC 20000 certification
Implementation of ISO 20000 brings with it many benefits and advantages. These will of course differ from organization to organization. However, the following list is a pretty good representation of the common results:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports ‘interchanging’ of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility
ISO 27001:2005 Consulting and Implementation
ISO 27001 is a standard to define security procedures and controls to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the corporate assets. It also assesses the effectiveness of the standard by monitoring the existing security posture. However, a continuous improvement to the security management is considered vital by maintaining the right controls relevant to the client’s IT environment. HTP Global Technologies consultant define the scope for ISO 27001 by understanding the business and IT process, analyze the risks and mapping those risks to the appropriate controls and guidelines. The standard framework derived by our security expert is customizable to suit the organization requirements and provide good level of assurance for the security controls.
The following is a high-Level overview of the HTP Global Technologies 27001-27002 Gap Analysis Methodology:
Since 2010 HTP Global Technologies is devotion to the principals of operating a quality management system have enabled us to provide over 20 clients across multiple industries globally, the most effective ISO 27001-27002 Gap Analysis assessment services.
- Perform the gap analysis and pre-certification audits to evaluate the scope of tasks required.
- Identify the associated requirements to design and develop the roadmap to the compliance.
- Implement the appropriate information security controls relevant to your environment.
- Deployment of the customized ISMS to help achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Industry leading support and guidelines to step through all standard modules (i.e. physical security, risk assessment, asset management, access control, incident management, BCM).
- ISO 27001 ISMS controls are independent of specific system or IT environment and thus provide interoperability.
- Realistic view of current corporate security procedures and controls, Provides bench mark for the good standing among other organizations.
- Highlights strengths and weaknesses of current information security framework
- Actionable recommendations to help reduce risk and improve operational efficiency
- Provides assurance to your organization security management program.
- Support and demonstrate the due diligence against ISO 27001 certification which can help execute cost effective approach when preparing for ISO 27001 certification
- Demonstrate the greater alignment between business and IT management.
- Increases the security awareness within your organization
BS 25999 Business Continuity, Consulting and Implementation
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is an elaborate exercise which ensures the continuance of mission critical business processes in spite of interruptions. In line with BCM, BS 25999-1 is a formal standard (code of practice) released by the British Standards Institute. It provides guidelines on the system, response strategies, maintenance, improvements, and implementation of business continuity plans. BS 25999-2 provides the requirements for a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on BCM best practice.
HTP Global Technologies provides services to plan, design, implement, and test business continuity plans. NII follows a phased approach to design a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as per BS 25999 for an organization.
Benefits of Implementing Business Continuity Management
Some of the benefits of implementing the BS 25999 standard are as follows:
- Provides stakeholders with assurance that risks from potential disasters have been reasonably mitigated
- Provides company personnel with proper procedures in case of disaster
- Ensures a faster and more effective recovery of business operations
- Reduces risk of business and infrastructure loss
- Provides insurance underwriters evidence that the company has properly assessed the risks of conducting business
- Attain the BS 25999 certification
- Ensure compliance with standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 20000